Monday, November 21, 2011

a missive from the edge of the world

Well, I am not sure what took me so long to send in an update.

For the most part, I had nothing to show, so nothing to say. Lately, I have moved some work through the studio and I guess that got me thinking about the visual work that I do, or have done in the past or perhaps will do again - in the world to come not in the post end of days sense, just the world to come as in the future, and tomorrow and tomorrow.

For the past few days I have been playing with these images of actor Louis Negin, you could say he is like a muse of Guy Maddin, how the hell would I know, I have never met Guy but Louis, the London UK native, former Cabbagetowner features in many of Maddin's esoteric and absolutely wonderful films, such as My Winnipeg.


Yup, and he has acting chops too, often in films with Isabella Rossellini


Just look at this Lion in winter, you just want to hug him.


So check out some stuff about Guy Maddin, he uses low fi techniques in wonderful ways.

click here if you wanna see a short with Isabella and Louis



Here is Louis in a mad piece, sissy boy slap party