Tuesday, July 21, 2009

More Guns


This is a simple little ink painting I did after the firing range of some of the characters I encountered there.This target was my best one, not as good as the old guys who were expert shots though. The guy more to the left with the hat, well he called me a "millerite" and treated me with suspicion as I may want to take his guns away.

The big guy on the right was, as the drawing states, a Zeus of a man- a great mane of hair and massive form in a dirty khaki shirt stuffed inside of some pants. He was talking about running for the mayor's office I kid you not!

We always hear about how people who shoot guns are just like you but every time I have met one, I am convinced they are crazy. Perhaps we are all just crazy, but these guys have firearms- that is the kicker.